My Book: Sentience

Buy my book of poems Sentience from this link:
https://www.createspace.com/3433361

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Official Info

I got my big news! My host family information was just sent to me. I am going to be staying in a town called Korholanmaki in central Finland. I'll be living in the countryside as I had hoped. I will have two exchange brothers, one two years older than me, the other four years. The eldest is in the military but the younger will be living in the house. I will have my own room and two dogs also. The mother and the younger son speak English, so I won't be as hard pressed to learn the Finnish language instantly, but I still definitely will. They told me that it was -35C (about -30 Fahrenheit)and that they had 50cm (about 1 foot, 7 inches) of snow which is a light snowfall. It's going to be a crazy winter.

Hearing this news is phenomenal, It's really sinking in that I'll go on an exchange next year. It's going to be crazy not seeing anyone I know for a full year, but i know it will be amazing and hugely beneficial to me. All I need now is to accumulate the needed funds. I am working on getting a book of my poems published so keep an eye out for the post announcing that.

I also got pictures of my house, dogs and host father, so take a look!

Kiah



No comments:

Post a Comment